This site contains the documents needed to understand the Planning Board process.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: New Application Submission Process
Applications will be accepted by appointment ONLY. Call 914.654.2185 to schedule a plan completeness appointment with Planning staff. Please follow the requirements laid out in the documents and checklists below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The Planning Board application is made up of administrative forms AND sets of plans. See below for the number required of each.
Before preparing an application please read the Planning Board Applicant Process. This provides an overview of the complete process. Please also review Planning Board Documents HERE.
A Planning Board module has been launched in the Property Portal. All applications MUST be logged in this module (see Planning Board Module document for details). Once the application is in the Portal and all the necessary documents have been compiled, please contact the Development Department to request a submission appointment 914.654.2185.
Bring required documents to the appointment.
Required number of documents by type
Two (2) copies of all administrative forms must be submitted to the department of Development along with the relevant fees.
Six (6) or eight (8) sets of plans must be submitted to the Department of Development (number dependent on PEER Review requirements).
- Read the Planning Board Applicant Process document. This covers the process from beginning to end and is a great place to start to understand the steps.
- Review other relevant documents, and related sections of the Municipal Code.
- Go to the Property Portal and follow the instructions in the Planning Board Module document to log an application into the Portal. This will generate a PB number for the application and is REQUIRED before submission of the hard copy application and plans.
- Complete the hard copy application as outlined in the Planning Board Applicant Process. TWO (2) copies of the application are required with either SIX (6) or EIGHT (8) copies of plans as outlined in the Planning Board Application Checklist with check payment (see Fee Schedule to calculate).
- Complete the application checklist to ensure you have all of the required documentation.
- Submit the completed hard copy package (application documents, plans, and fees) to:
Department of Development
City Hall, First Floor
515 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801
All supporting documents, including payment, MUST be submitted with the application as outlined in the Planning Board Application Checklist WITH a copy of the completed checklist.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Click HERE for a full list of Planning Documents.
For questions call the Department of Development at (914) 654-2185 Or email: Kevin Kain, Director of Planning and Sustainability email@example.com
Planning Board Calendar 2017
Last Tuesday of every month
90 Beaufort Place/City Hall Annex- Room B-1, New Rochelle, NY 10801
Entrance is located to the rear of City Hall by the Fire Department
Sarah C. Dodds-Brown, Chair
Dr. Walter Lipow